WordPress Beginner Fast Track
One-on-One WordPress Classes
Course Schedule: 4 week course
Class Days: Tues & Thurs OR Mon & Wed evenings
Time: 6 pm – 8 pm
What will I learn?
- Web Design Fundamentals – what effective elements to have on your website and how to make them look good
- Core WordPress Theme Editing – understanding WordPress and how to edit a site using HTML, CSS & Child Themes
- Online Marketing – what it takes to create a successful online presence that can convert traffic to sales
- Content Strategy – how to write for blogging and keyword strategies.
- Search Engine Optimization – the correct way to establish a website that performs well organically on the search engines
- Social Media Marketing – how to use SMM to sell your service and grow your brand
- Google Analytics – learn the basics of how to read Google Analytics statistics and how to apply them to your online marketing strategy
- Freelancing Tips – if you’re interested in using this course to further a career as a freelance WordPress developer, you will get access to contracts and pricing details, sales and marketing tips as well.
Learn with a Web Company
Our classroom is typically at a local coffee shop but we’ll have you join us in the office as well so you get to experience the environment of our industry first-hand.
Learn From Pro Nerds
You’ll be learning from actual professional nerd coders who live, eat and sleep code. Get insider knowledge directly from our pros.
Fast & effective
Because we’ve learned the hard way we’re ready to teach your the fastest more effective way to use WordPress for your business or blog.
Just a few evenings per week and you’ll be quickly learning nerd code and WordPress how to’s. Keep your day job and still get nerdy.
WordPress is the best Content Management System on the market and growing more and more daily. There’s over 1 in 3 websites running on WP.
More than code
You’re not just going to learn some basic coding, but you’ll also take away new found knowledge on SEO, SMM, Content Writing and Conversion Strategy.
One-to-One with your Instructor
In order to give the best learning experience possible for our students, we’ve now allowed a one-on-one style learning program. This means that you’ll be able to work at your own pace and get all attention needed to help you fully understand WordPress, Social Media Marketing, and Search Engine Optimization.
Start Your Journey
Forms can be scary, but this one has a happy ending. Promise.
“It was an amazing course and I feel like I’ve learned so much. So many of the things were [taught in a way that was] not over my head. The pace and the energy of the class was just fantastic. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is starting out or already knows the bare bones of web coding.”
Have More Questions?
Take Your Time
who should apply to wp fast track?
This Fast Track Course is for anyone who wants a better understanding of WordPress and Online Marketing. If you have a WordPress website that you’d like to have perform better on the search engines or you want to make that website convert sales or perhaps you’re just starting a new WordPress website and want some direction, this is the class for you.
- Do you run a WordPress website and need help customizing it or improving the content?
- Do you want a better understanding of WordPress?
- Do you want a refresher course of what’s changed with Social Media Marketing and SEO?
- Do you want to be a freelancer and need a quick way to learn business tips for pricing and sales?
What will I take away from the WP Beginner Fast Track?
After learning in a classroom you’ll be able to edit & market your own WordPress website / theme because you’ll have learned:
- How to Install WordPress
- WordPress Editing Essentials
- Fundamentals of HTML5 & CSS3
- Demonstrate how to create a Child Themes
- Content Curating
- Web Design & Layout Logic
- Advanced Blogging Skills
- How to use Plugins & Widgets
- SEO Training & Keyword Research – Yoast
- Social Media Marketing Strategies – Hootsuite
- Google Analytics Monitoring
- Security Techniques
- Updating & Troubleshooting
- Deploying a New Website (Going Live!)
- Freelancing Tips for Starting or Improving your Sales
How much should I already know to take this course?
Great news! You can be a total beginner – meaning you know how to turn on a computer! That’s where we start. Within the first week you’ll be learning code and understanding WordPress basics!
WebTegrity has built our company on the WordPress CMS; and since “tens of thousands of WordPress websites are created every day” we’re confident that teaching you this platform can only better prepare you for real-world projects.
When you come to learn from us – you’re engaging with actual WordPress developers who make a living building what we teach. This is what we do everyday for clients around the world! We are WordPress Contributors, WordPress Meetup Instructors, WordPress Developers, WordCamp Sponsors & Organizers. See a pattern? WordPress! We know it and we know how to teach it!
You’ll even learn from SEO specialists and Social Media Marketers. What this means is a developer will not be teaching you social media. A Social Media expert will be teaching you. We’re a complete team ready to help you learn WordPress quickly and easily! There’s no huge text books, no boring videos! Get ready to learn in person!
What hours am I required to attend?
No classes are “required”; however, we strongly suggest that you make a commitment to this course and take advantage of all provided hours.
EVENINGS: 6 pm – 8 pm two days a week
Certain hours on Saturdays will be available for you, as well, to come in and work on your own web design projects with mentors or instructors. These hours are optional and included for free with your course.
What materials or supplies will I need?
The only thing you are required to bring to every class is your own laptop (Mac preferred but not required). Your laptop will need to have wifi capabilities. You may want access to the Adobe Suite, but it’s not required as most of WordPress can be worked on directly or in a text editor. If you’re accepted to the course, a complete list of needed (not required) programs will be sent to you in your welcome packet.
Can I make payments for the tuition?
Upon acceptance, you’ll have 3 business days to make your deposit payment ($1,500) to secure your place in the class. This deposit is non-refundable, but it is transferable to another class tuition within 90 days. We do offer a payment plan for the balance, but fees may apply. Ask us about this during your application process.
Why do I have to apply?
We receive many applicants per year interested in attending our courses, but we only accept those who truly have a desire to learn. We want you to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who are passionate about web design and online marketing. Having an application process allows us to interview and accept those willing to give 100% to the program.
Where are the classes held?
All classes are held at a local coffee shop that is central to the student’s location and offers WiFi.
We do offer an online option if for some reason you can’t come to our office. Mention this concern when applying.
Who are my instructors?
Every instructor at WebTegrity is an expert in their field – either Online Marketing and SEO, Social Media Marketing and Conversion, Web Design, or Web Development. Each instructor is hand-picked and comes to us with college degree, real-world experience, and a passion to teach! Kori Ashton is typically the lead instructor for this beginner course.
Is there additional tutoring or mentoring?
If you’re interested in getting help with your specific website, we do offer additional workshops with mentors or instructors & of course there’s the one-on-one classes you can purchase for additional fees.
WARNING: Classroom hours are for classroom projects!
Each class has 2 hours that will be focused on classroom projects only. However, you will be taught elements and techniques that you’ll be able to apply to your own website after hours.