Meet The Team – Brandi Hernandez – Support Technician, Sassy Saving Blogger, Cheese Maniac, Mother of Three and Bargain Shopper
Couponing blogger for SA Sassy Savings and WebTegrity’s Lead Support Technician, Brandi Hernandez welcomes us into her, not so secret “nerd closet.” With a desire to gain more knowledge in web development after a long career working at a pediatric dental office, Brandi took a leap of faith and enrolled in WebTegrity’s WordPress course. After falling in love with the WordPress team, it was only natural she became a part of it. Enter her “closet” and learn more about Brandi, from her favorite Karaoke song to her affinity for cheese.
- Are you originally from San Antonio?
Born in Seguin and raised in San Antonio.
- When did you know you wanted to work in the tech industry?
My senior year of high school I took a web design class and didn’t want to leave! I was hooked on perfecting my project and looked for any opportunity in class that I could get my hands on.
- What’s been your favorite project to work on so far with WebTegrity?
Made in the Shade is my absolute favorite project.
- What hobbies do you have?
I pick up new random ‘hobbies’ throughout the year to keep my brain busy but these are continuous: Crafting, Bargain Shopping, Couponing, and Blogging on my social blog and DIY Projects.
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
The Wedding Singer
- Do you have a favorite quote?
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; and laughs without fear of the future” -Proverbs 31:25
- What’s your favorite happy hour drink?
Micheladas, Beer or Apple Martinis when I’m feeling fancy (pinky up).
- What’s your favorite go-to karaoke song?
R-E-S-P-E-C-T Aretha Franklin…(I will not sing until I have at least a couple of cold ones first. )
- What’s your favorite place in the world?
San Antonio, duh! The most beautiful place I’ve traveled to is the Cayman Islands.
- What are you most passionate about?
My family, WordPress, making someone smile or laugh, facing fears and cheese.
- If you could travel to any place in the world – where would it be?
- What are you currently watching on Netflix?
- When you were a kid – what did you want to be when you grew up?
From kinder thru 2nd grade I wanted to be the first female president. Then, until about 5th grade I wanted to be an Astronaut or a Spice Girl.
When Brandi and I met in a WordPress course that I was teaching – I instantly knew that I wanted to work with her someday. Her heart for others was obvious. She is funny and always offers an encouraging word. It wasn’t too long after that WordPress course was complete that I offered a position to Brandi here at WebTegrity. To my surprise, she said yes and joined our team. Very quickly she moved up into a leadership role and is a super star to our clients. If you’re ever stranded on an island, Brandi is the gal that you’d wish had come along because she’d have a survival kit with literally everything needed!
Check out the rest of our team.