Meet the Team – John Watts – WebTegrity Support Technician & WordPress Developer, Bicyclist, Fly Fisher, Husband and World Traveler.
Gloucestershire native and WebTegrity’s Support Technician, John Watts has traveled internationally and arrived in the world of WordPress. Having guided cyclists through the splendid landscapes of Tuscany, educated many students in the English language, and delivered messages as a bike messenger in Milan, John attended CodeUp and entered into his next adventure with WebTegrity. Take a peek into his adventurous world of favorites, including his wife and dog.
- Are you originally from San Antonio?
No, I’m from Gloucestershire in the UK (not London)
- When did you know you wanted to work in the tech industry?
When I decided to attend CodeUp here in San Antonio last year!
- What’s been your favorite project to work on so far with WebTegrity?
Hopefully my first one which will be IDRA (Intercultural Development Research Association)
- What hobbies do you have?
Fly Fishing, Golf, Cycling
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.’ – Heraclitus
- What’s your favorite happy hour drink?
Frozen Margaritas at Sanchos! Also beer.
- What’s your favorite place in the world?
The Italian Riviera and New Zealand.
- What are you most passionate about?
My wife, my dog and traveling around the world
- If you could travel to any place in the world – where would it be?
Buenos Aires, Argentina
- What are you currently watching on Netflix?
- When you were a kid – what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Jockey (horse racing)
We needed another support team member who could help our existing clients improve their websites. I had hired a few codeup graduates before so I turned to their list of availables. Enter John Watts. His resume is quite colorful from his hometown in the UK to his time as an ESL instructor in Italy. He gave bicycle tours across Europe too. I figured we’d hire him for his cool stories and get a bonus with his UK accent. What I didn’t know was that the real bonus would be his integrity and drive for excellence. He’s been a fun addition to our team and I look forward to promoting him to WordPress Developer very soon.
Check out the rest of our team.